Do you want to quickly cancel your Hulu account? This article has all the necessary information and explains balancing your Hulu subscription. The process differs depending on your device and how you signed up.
There are plenty of reasons to have a Hulu subscription; for one, it's an extensive catalog of movies and TV shows. However, despite its great TV and movie offerings, Hulu isn't suitable for everyone.
Moreover, there are many streaming services in this world, and people always look for the best ones with the best subscription offers. Hulu is one of them. This service allows people to stream TV and movies online and live. Some streaming services are better than others, and some streaming bundles, like Disney+, ESPN, and Hulu, are better options for subscribers. However, at some point, you have to start deciding which services you will use.
Besides, with Hulu, you can cancel anytime and easily renew your subscription if you choose to come back in the future. If you know you’d like to take a little break from TV, you may also have the option to pause your subscription for up to 12 weeks.
With all that being said, how to cancel Hulu? As we mentioned above, the process differs depending on your device and how you signed up. However, the instructions are as follows: they cover Hulu on the web, its mobile app, iTunes, video game consoles, and more.
How to Cancel Hulu on the Web
Canceling your subscription through the website is the easiest method. All you need is a device to access the official Hulu website.
- Open your browser and go to Hulu.com.
- From the top-right corner of your screen, select login.
- Log into your account by entering your account information. Afterward, access your Account by going to the profile name on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Scroll until you reach the bottom of the screen. Under Your Subscription, click Cancel Subscription.
- From the next page, click Continue to Cancel.
However, Hulu won’t want you to leave the service, so they will do their best to keep you an active subscriber, so it will provide additional offers to keep you around. If you still want to cancel, select No, Cancel Subscription, and your Hulu subscription will end.
How to Cancel Hulu on IOS
Are you an iOS user? Well, even if you can create a Hulu account and have a Hulu app on your phone or iPad, you will not be able to cancel your subscription there. The Hulu app for iPhone just tells you to use the website to manage your subscription. However, you can also cancel it from your iPhone subscription. Here are the steps you should go through:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select your Apple ID from the top of the screen.
- Then, you should select “Subscriptions.”
- From this page, pick the Hulu subscription.
- Now, choose the Cancel Your Subscription option. If you use a free trial instead, the choice would appear as Cancel Free Trial.
- You will have to confirm the cancellation to complete the process.
Moreover, you will still be able to access the account and use it until the next billing date, even after canceling your Hulu subscription.
How to Cancel Hulu on Android
While you can create a Hulu account on an iPhone, you can't unsubscribe using an iPhone. You have to go to the website to cancel it. But you can use the Android version of the Hulu app instead to manage the subscription.
- Launch the Hulu app and tap Account in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap Account and enter your password again if prompted.
- Tap Cancel next to Cancel Your Subscription.
Moreover, as you can see, canceling your Hulu subscription on this version of the app is easy, so you won’t have to worry about going through a lengthy process.
How to Cancel Hulu on iTunes
Furthermore, it's possible to subscribe to Hulu via iTunes, especially if you subscribed to the service through iTunes in the first place. Rather than paying Hulu directly, you tie your Hulu subscription to your Apple ID and use whatever credit or debit card is on file with iTunes.
Here's how you can cancel through iTunes:
- Open iTunes.
- Tap the Account menu.
- Choose View My Account from the list.
- Use your Apple ID to log into your account if asked.
- Scroll down on the page until you see the Settings section. From there, tap the Manage option next to Subscriptions.
- Next to Hulu, select Edit. This will take you to a page where you can cancel your subscription.
How to Cancel Hulu Through a Cable Provider
Some phone and cable providers let you subscribe to Hulu as an add-on to their usual services. However, if you subscribed through this method, you will have to cancel the membership from your account with these providers.
Moreover, you will need to either log into your online account and reach out to the company to cancel it or call the provider.
How to Cancel Hulu on Playstation 4
Video game systems like the Playstation 4 and Xbox consoles also support video streaming apps like Hulu. If you subscribed to Hulu on your PS4, follow these steps to cancel:
- Select Settings on the home screen.
- Select account management
- Then select account information
- Select PlayStation Subscriptions to manage your Hulu subscription.
However, to manage subscriptions on Xbox One consoles, go to Settings > Account > Subscriptions.
After you’ve successfully canceled, the subscription status on your Account page should read: "Your subscription will be canceled.” Hulu will also send a confirmation email to the email address on file — please keep this email for your records.
You’ll continue to have access to Hulu until the end of your current billing cycle, but you will not be charged moving forward. However, if you cancel during your trial period, please keep in mind that you will lose access to Hulu immediately.
In conclusion, the cancellation process is not complicated, but there are multiple ways to do it, depending on the device you are using and how you subscribed in the first place. Depending on the services you use, there is a chance you could be paying for your Hulu subscription through a 3rd party. You could get Hulu access through Amazon, Disney Plus, iTunes, Roku, Spotify, Verizon, Xfinity, and others.
However, the steps to cancel Hulu subscriptions through said services are different, but Hulu has put together a handy guide with step-by-step instructions for each. If you take the proper steps, you can end your subscription without issues and stop paying for it monthly. Moreover, you can check out other similar posts like How to Cancel Xbox Live and More.